We found the culprit!

posted in: Kodiak My Little Grizzly | 8


Kodiak found his big sister’s bed again. He crawled into her bed and went back to sleep. When I got up he was curled up downstairs on the couch in a little ball. He didn’t eat very quickly and he was very stuffed up. I took him up to get a bath and he had fun in the warm bath but kept rubbing his eye. I looked closer and saw green junk in it. After his bath, lotion etc I wrapped him in a blanket as he was acting cold. I saw more in his eye and in his nose. He began to cry. Then he began hitting his left eye again. At that moment I had to make a decision. Take him to urgent care? Or wait until tomorrow. I decided to take him in. He also is so off-balance and even worse than yesterday.

Symone and I took him in while Colt worked on some things at home. It was close to 11:30 am when we got there. They close at 11:30. When we got to the doctor he got all giddy! He does this a lot because he knows we are there to get him better. (Photo above)

We got to the weighing station. Kodi was way to off-balance to stand on the scale alone. By our best read he looks to be 50 pounds. We got to the room and he was so willing for them to take his temp, blood pressure, pulse and listen to his heart. When the nurse left he got off my lap and began mapping out the room…

Wall, corner, wall and door, bench (in another corner) with Symone on it, trash can and sink, corner wall with photo on it that was very funny to make it move… I jumped to rescue the photo, corner desk with computer keyboard and mouse… Very fun to punch the keys… Then more wall chairs oh and mom and the wall again…

Once he mapped out the room (tripping a lot) he began to take off to the center of the room. He kept falling and was so off-balance I pulled him back onto my lap. He was content then to sit.

The doctor came in and agreed he needed an antibiotic. I also need one for same issue. My ears are hurting etc.

We headed back home to go pick up Colt and pick up the prescriptions. Kodi was so dizzy or something. It was now about 1:30 pm. Then we got lunch.

On and off he cries. On and off he giggles. But no signing! He is refusing to. So we are getting laundry done and taking turns with him.


We are occasionally sucking on these… It is better than a couch drop. And it helps clear up sinuses so you can breathe. I was hoping he would sign “more” but so far not even once!

Good night my little ones… Listen to the rain and thunder… Sleep well my little ones! I love you!

8 Responses

  1. I hope you both feel better.

  2. He was very happy once we got to the doctor. He is so cute and so willing to have them take his temp and stuff. He came and found me in the room and got a huge smile on his face. He is so cute. I really hope he gets better soon. I hate seeing him sick.

  3. This crazy weather is making my allergies go crazy too. I hope you guys feel better soon πŸ™‚

  4. I really hope you both feel much better quickly!

    I really identify with the adventures in the doctor’s office/room. Sophie runs immediately for anything resembling a touchscreen, then moves toward water. She now knows how to turn sinks on, so that is really fun and exciting…lol. Then it is on to stools with wheels – incredibly fun to climb on and scoot. Then time to jump on me, back to the sink, over to the light switch – the lights MUST go off…and so on πŸ™‚

    • Thanks so much!
      Yes lights on and off. And the dr walks in and thinks “get control of your child” fortunately most of the ones Kodiak sees now just goes with it… πŸ™‚
      Thanks for sharing!

  5. that’s his sister wonderful

    she takes care of him so lovely
    a sister for her brother
    so supportive to you she is grown up
    and caring for her younger sibling

    lovely give her my regards

    love you too dear
    i love you like a young sister
    and i want to take care of you dear
    hope this dream comes true
    I love you so much
    you are such a brave mom